9922 Front Street
Empire, MI 49630
Description: Miles of sand beach, bluffs that tower 450’ above Lake Michigan, lush forests, clear inland lakes, unique flora and fauna make up the natural world of Sleeping Bear Dunes. High dunes afford spectacular views across the lake. An island lighthouse, US Life-Saving Service stations, coastal villages, and picturesque farmsteads reflect the park’s rich maritime, agricultural, and recreational history.
What To Do: Start your visit to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore at the Phillip A. Hart Visitor Center. You will find amazing views of the dunes and Lake Michigan, great hiking, interesting local history, and of course some incredible sand dunes to climb.
You can also try these:
- Take a drive on the 7-mile drive Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive
- Trek up the Dune Climb-or watch the kids enjoy the sand.
- Explore Glen Haven and the Maritime Museum
- Dip your toes in the tranquil Loon Lake
- Attend a ranger-led program
- Walk or bike the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail
- Paddle a river
- Explore Port Oneida
- Hike a trail
Toilets /Showers: Restrooms are accessible.
Operating Hours: Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is open all year.
Fees: Park Entrance Pass – $20.00 per private vehicle
Valid for 7 days from date of issue. Contact Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore for more info on fees.
More info here: https://www.nps.gov/slbe/index.htm