Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve
P.O. Box 29
Arco, ID 83213
Description: Craters of the Moon is a vast ocean of lava flows with scattered islands of cinder cones and sagebrush.Preservation of the unique geological and biological features found here is the overriding purpose of the Monument.
What To Do:
- Take in the view along the scenic 7 mile loop drive.
- Hike the North Crater Flow trail, Spatter Cones and Devil’s Orchard Trails.
- Hike to Big Craters from the Spatter Cones parking lot.
- Explore Indian Tunnel
- Hike the Broken Top Loop or Tree Molds Trails and explore Buffalo Cave on Broken Top Loop
- Explore the Craters of the Moon Wilderness (Lava Trees and Echo Crater)
Toilets /Showers: Restrooms are accessible.
Operating Hours: The Monument and Preserve is open every day of the year, 24 hours a day.
Fees: The entrance fee is $15 per non-commercial passenger vehicle and $10 for motorcycle entry.Click here for full list of fees and charges.
More info here: https://www.nps.gov/crmo/index.htm