670 Linwood Ave
Whitinsville, MA 01588
Description: Blackstone River Valley National Historical Park is a National Park Service unit in the states of Rhode Island and Massachusetts created for preserving and protecting the industrial heritage of the Blackstone River Valley. Designated in year 2014, the park is the 402nd park in the national park system.
What To Do: The park is still in the planning stages, but there are things you can do right now both within the park and throughout the Blackstone Valley.
- Programs at The Slater Mill
- Enjoy the bikeway and other features at The Blackstone River State Park
- Visit the Wilbur Kelly House transportation museum
You can also explore several sites across the Blackstone River Valley of Rhode Island and Massachusetts. They are:
- Old Slater Mill National Historic Landmark District
- Blackstone River State Park
- Ashton Historic District
- Slatersville Historic District
- Whitinsville Historic District
- Hopedale Village Historic District
- Blackstone River and the tributaries of Blackstone River
- Blackstone Canal
Toilets /Showers: Restrooms are accessible.
Operating Hours: The park is open Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 4 PM, Saturdays 9 AM to Noon.
Fees: No admission fees are charged to attend the regular programs offered by the Park Service rangers at this time.
More info here: https://www.nps.gov/blrv/index.htm